Cheap gaming laptop under 500 in Canada 2017: Top gaming laptops under 500 in Canada – Best cheap laptop for gaming under 600
Best cheap gaming laptop in Canada is not easy to find. There are certain criteria and components that differentiate these gaming laptops under 500 and 600 dollars from other cheap laptops. Do not worry as the experts at laptop Canada guide you in buying a very capable cheap gaming laptop. You will be able to play most games easily on these gaming laptops under 500 dollars. They also double as great gaming laptop for school and university students who are planning to play some games with their buddies in dorm-rooms.
Best cheap gaming laptops in Canada: Things to look for
Graphics card (GPU): This is the most important component when choosing the best gaming laptop under 500. There are myriad cheap laptops under this price range but you cannot use any model for gaming. Choose ones that come with atleast AMD R4 or entry-level Nvidia graphics card. Do not be afraid to spend 50-100 dollars more to get a better deal. We suggest going for Nvidia graphics card if possible. We have both on the list of best gaming laptops under 500 in Canada.
Hard disk or hybrid storage: Games take up a lot of storage. That is why you when choosing a cheap gaming laptop, choose one with big 1000GB(1TB) hard disk or hybrid storage. Latter is picking up a lot of popularity as it combines advantages of both SSD and hard disks. It uses SSD part to keep operating system, apps and hard disk for storing big games. SSD in hybrid system act as turbo giving special boost in performance. Also, if you will be playing only few games, going for all SSD laptops would be wiser decision.
Backlit keyboard: While this is not a must-have, we suggest getting laptop with backlit keyboard. It will not only make your laptop look cooler but will help you punch in right keys in dim-gaming environments.
Ports: Make sure the cheap gaming laptop you are getting come with decent amount of ports like 3x USB ports, HDMI and such. You will also be using this laptop as regular laptop, so having enough ports is important for connecting something like a mouse, printer, external display etc.
Budget gaming laptop Lenovo Ideapad 110
The Acer Aspire E5 is the best laptop for gaming under 500 dollars in Canada. It has 15.6-inch display and packs the capable AMD A6 processor that is backed by AMD Radeon R4 graphics card that does an excellent job in handing your basic gaming needs. It is great for watching high definition movies, photo editing and some video editing. There is plenty of storage space onboard and 4GB RAM ensures smooth multi-tasking operations.
* 15.6-Inch HD 1366 x 768 resolution, high-brightness display
* AMD A6-7310 dual-core processor clocked at 2.4 GHz, Radeon R4 GPU
* 500GB hard drive capacity, 4GB DDR3 memory, Windows 10 home 64-bit
Best gaming laptop in Canada under 1000 is MSI CX62
This is the best gaming laptop under 1000 in Canada and offers most bang for buck as well. It features the very powerful Nvidia 940MX discrete GPU that can play even the latest games at excellent FPS for smoother gaming. This includes gaming titles like borderlands 2, MW2, Gmod, CS:GO, Homefront revolution and so on. It comes with backlit keyboard which lets you play and work in any kind of environment – dim or bright. It delivers top class performance with its 8GB DDR4 memory and i5 processor. It has great battery life too. Really hard to beat this laptop in terms of value for money.
* 15.6″ HD Widescreen LED-backlit Display, 1366*768
* NVIDIA GeForce 940MX dedicated graphics card with 2GB of dedicated DDR5 VRAM
* Intel Core i5-7200u ultra low voltage processor for maximum battery life
* 8GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB hard disk, 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive, Windows 10 Home
This is a big yet sleek laptop from Lenovo that is great for multimedia and gaming. It has quad core AMD FX processor and Radeon R7 GPU that makes it excellent for budget gaming. It is a large laptop that doubles as everyday laptop . Pair that with full size laptop keyboard makes it a cheap desktop replacement.
* 15.6″ diagonal HD BrightView WLED-backlit (1366×768) display
* AMD Radeon R7 Graphics, AMD Quad-Core FX-7500 2.1GHz processor, upto 3.3GHz
* 8GB DDR3L SDRAM memory, 1TB SATA 5400rpm hard drive, SuperMulti DVD burner
* Windows 10 home 64-bit, Battery life up to 5-hours
Best cheap gaming laptop is Asus X555DA-AS11
There are a number of reasons why we think that the Asus X555DA-AS11 is the best cheap gaming laptop of Canada right now. First is its quad core AMD A10 processor and Radeon R5 GPU that deliver stellar gaming performance. You will be able to play all modern titles with no problem at all. Couple that with 256GB SSD storage and 8GB RAM, and you have a winner in your hands. The screen is full HD which also makes it a great multimedia and professional laptop as well. The keyboard is full size for maximum comfort and has numberpad for easy data entry.
* Full HD 15.6-inch display
* AMD Quad Core A10-8700P processor @1.8GHz, 3.2 GHz turbo boost speed
* AMD Radeon R5 graphcis card, 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR3 RAM, One year International Warranty with one-year ASUS Accidental Damage Protection
Acer Nitro 5
Acer Nitro 5 has solid build quality and is made to handle games with demanding graphics with ease. It has full voltage i5 processor and Nvidia 1050 GPU which is one of the best dedicated laptop graphics cards in mid-range laptops. It offers amazing gaming experience and offers you accelerated video editing, if you are into that. Its 256GB SSD and 8GB RAM ensures that the computer never slows down. The keyboard has backlit letting you type in dark. Keys are very comfortable for gaming and typing long documents.
* Intel Core i5-7300HQ processor, Nvidia GeForce 1050 dedicated graphics card
* 15.6″ FHD display, IPS tech, Full size backlit keyboard
* 8GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Advanced cooling Technology, Dolby audio premium