There is still a considerable demand for laptops with DVD drive in Canada 2019. There are many reasons why a lot of people still like to go for a laptop with DVD rather than one without one. In this article, we will discuss the reasons why a DVD drive is still useful in laptops.
1) Installation of software: This the chief reason why people buy laptops with DVD drives. Many still find it easiest to install software using DVD. This is true in case of system software like windows, mac or linux where you have to burn the ISO to a DVD or CD to install it. While it is totally possible to install the operating system using a USB flash drive, it is somewhat complex for the non-tech savvy people. Same goes for applications like Office, Photoshop and so on. Many still find it easiest to install software using a DVD drive.
2) Movie Watching – A lot of movies are still available on DVD drives. Many of us have old movies on DVD. While you can rip a DVD and store it on your computer, it is still much more convenient to watch the movie straight from DVD. By the way, if you are into DVD movie watching, consider getting a laptop with full HD display since that gives you crisper movie experience.
3) Software Backup – Windows still asks you to insert a DVD drive to make a complete backup of the system. That is why you should consider going for a laptop with DVD drive if you want to make easy backups of entire system.
The HP 15-BA009DX is one of the most affordable laptops with DVD in Canada. It brings quad core computing at cheap price tag. There is 4GB RAM and 500GB which is enough for smooth daily computing experience. If you are a looking for a quality everyday laptop for home or office and do not want to spend a ton on a computer, this HP laptop should be top on your list.
* 15.6-inch HD display, AMD A6-7310 processor @2GHz, up to 2.4 GHz, 2MB cache; 4GB RAM System Memory, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD burner, SD card reader, windows 10 home 64 bit OS
Dell Inspiron 15
The Dell Inspiron 15 is one of the newer models in the market with DVD drive. It has latest 7th generation i3 processor that delivers excellent performance and 6-7 hour long battery life. It has full size keyboard with numeric keypad and roomy touchpad that supports all windows 10 gestures.
* 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100U mobile processor, 6GB RAM, 15.6″ display HD resolution 1366×768 pixels, 1TB hard drive, DVD drive
The Asus X555DA comes with super fast 256GB SSD drive that launches applications instantly. The windows 10 is tweaked for SSD drives so everything feels fluid. Pair that with a full HD 15” display and 8GB RAM and you have a winner in your hands. One of the best affordable laptops with SSD and optical drive.
* 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD; DVD RW, Windows 10 operating system; 15.6 inch full HD 1080p 1920×1080 display with anti-glare coating
* 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI, 1x VGA ports, 1x Card Reader, 802.11ac Wi-Fi
The Auss X751NA is an affordable desktop replacement laptop with large 17” HD+ display and DVD drive. This makes it ideal for movie watching and media consumption. There is 8GB RAM onboard and 1TB hard disk. Asus has made excellent use of the large chassis and equipped this laptop with full size keyboard that has numeric keypad as well.
* Intel Pentium processor; Windows 10 (64-bit)
* 17.3-Inch HD Plus (1600 * 900) anti-glare LCD display
* 1TB 5400RPM HDD and 8GB DDR3 RAM
* Dual-layer DVD-RW/CD-RW optical disk drive
* USB 3.0, HDMI, VGA, Ethernet LAN, combo audio jack, and 3-in-1 card reader
HP 15.6″ Touchscreen Notebook
If you are looking for a touchscreen laptop with DVD drive, this is the laptop to get. It offers 6GB RAM and quad core AMD processor which makes it ideal for demanding individuals. The CPU is backed by a Radeon R4 graphics for smoother end user experience. There is 1TB hard disk storage onboard so you can store your hearts content.
* AMD A6-7310 CPU @2.0GHz-2.4GHz with 2MB Cache
* 15.6-Inch touchscreen HD display, 1366×768
* 6GB DDR3L RAM and 1TB Serial ATA hard drive
* AMD Radeon R4 Graphics with up to 3556 MB total graphics memory, Windows 10 Home