Which is best ultrabook in Canada 2020?
If you are looking for a thin and light laptop that is powerful at the same time, you should be looking for the best ultrabooks in Canada. The term ultrabook was coined by Intel few years back and Intel said an ultrabook is slim and light but is also as capable as any mainstream laptop while offering super long battery life.
A certain list of specifications were listed by Intel which we will discuss below.
1) Intel ultra low voltage processor – Every single ultrabook is powered by an Intel low voltage processor, popular known as just ULV processor. These processors have lower clock speeds which not only generate less heat but also helps the laptop deliver longer battery life. To keep performance good, higher clock speeds are available as turbo boost. This tech boost the clock speeds when there is heavy load. After the demanding work has completed, the CPU reduces itself back to original, low voltage. This is why ultrabook laptops have long battery life compared to standard voltage laptops.
2) SSD or hybird storage – For a laptop to be considered as an ultrabook, it ought to have either a SSD (solid state drive) or a hybrid drive that consists of both hard disk and SSD. An SSD ensures lightning fast app and operating system launch times. Read and writing operations are much faster than a typical hard disk. It is interesting to note that while earlier Intel did not allow manufactures to have hybrid storage onboard, Intel relaxed the rules later on.
3) Thin and light chassis – It is interesting to note that the ultrabook is as light as a netbook. The ultrabooks pack bigger displays and are much more capable thanks to i3, i5 or i7 processors. Netbooks are limited to Intel Atom, low-end AMD and Celeron / Pentium chipsets. The newer M3/i3/i5/i7 kabylake / coffeelake Intel processors generate less heat and yield higher efficiency.
Other common feature that is found in all ultrabooks includes full HD or quad HD screens. For premium computing experience, you ought to have a laptop with full HD panel as they are shaper and show more information at a glance compared to standard HD cheap laptops.
Best Ultrabook Canada 2020
Asus ZenBook Flip 14
Asus ZenBook Flip 14 is one of the lightest and slimmest ultrabooks on sale in Canada. It doubles as convertible laptop which means you can use it as large tablet simply by folding the screen. It features latest quad core AMD R5-3500U processor and responsive + spacious 512GB SSD so everything from startup to loading heavy applications happens in a flash.
It has wide view 14″ IPS display with full HD resolution for crisp and vivid display. The backlit keyboard has 1.5mm key travel for extra comfort and responsiveness. All this packed in a 1.59kg chassis. Pair that with all day battery life and you are looking at the best ultrabook in Canada.
14-Inch wide-view Full HD NanoEdge bezel touch display with Windows 10 Pre-installed
AMD Quad Core R5-3500U Processor (up to 3.6GHz)
512GB PCIE G3x2 SSD and 8GB DDR4 RAM
HDMI, USB Type C, Wi-Fi 5(802.11ac), and Micro SD (SDXC) Card Reader
Asus VivoBook S15
Asus VivoBook S15 is a premium ultrabook that takes the design and technology to next level. It features a frameless 15.6″ screen packing full HD panel and 178 degree viewing angle. There is another screen in the touchpad area which can be used to show stocks, number key, app navigator or simply as secondary display.
Asus VivoBook S15 is manufactured using CNC machines for artful refinement and durability. The 9th generation i7 quad core processor ensures you have powerful computing experience while getting all-day battery life. Its makes use of PCIe SSD that is 17-times faster than a typical hard disk which makes it ideal for demanding users who multitask a lot. Talking about multitasking, this Asus ultrabook boasts 16GB RAM!
The full size, chiclet backlit keyboard provides excellent typing feedback. Asus VivoBook S15 is easily the best ultrabook of 2020.
* 15.6″ FHD, Intel Core i7-8565U, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel UHD Graphics 620, backlit keyboard
Asus VivoBook TP410UA-DS52T
If you simply want the ultimate that the ultrabook industry has to offer, get the Asus VivoBook TP410UA-DS52T. There is nothing ordinary about it. You get whopping 1TB hybrid storage and convertible laptop design that lets you use it as tablet. Asus also bundles as stylus so you can doodle or take notes using your handwriting.
The latest gen i5 quad core processor is backed by 8GB RAM. There are plenty of ports onboard including USB 3.1 Type-C (gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, SD card reader, HDMI. Asus has also included a fingerprint reader that lets you login into Windows by simply swiping your finger.
14″ Thin & Light 2-in-1 Touch Laptop, 8th Gen Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hybrid HDD, Windows 10, Stylus
Dell XPS 13
Dell XPS 13 is a high end, ultra thin convertible laptop that features extra ordinary battery life, uncompromising performance and latest specifications. Boasting an ultrathin 1.3cm form factor, the Dell XPS 13 features the 8th generation i5 quad core processor, backlit keyboard, and 13.3″ full HD IPS display.
Dell XPS 13 is one the most popular ultrabooks out there. It is incredibly well made and looks sleek from all angles. The entire chassis is made from single block aluminum which makes it more durable than most laptops. It is very compact and light at just 1.23kg.
* 13.3″, FHD, Intel Core I5-8265U, Intel UHD 620, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, backlit keyboard
So there you have it – the best ultrabooks in Canada 2020.